never forget where you came from...
That Which is Lost — Outskirts

That Which is Lost

Started by Suyis Maitra-Lucain at Aug 17, 2019 1:45 pm
9 Posts

Suyis Maitra-Lucain

?Years Young
9 Posts

Thus I clothe my naked villainy with odd ends stolen forth from holy writ, and seem a saint when most I play the devil.

He wasn't sure why he hadn't thought of this before. Aside from the fact that he was quite busy, a little frazzled, really ought to get laid, and had been thinking about this too hard for too long. The fox spirits, though, they got around. Much like his brother, Killian was often wandering around somewhere, and Izumi met new people all the time too, through the Black Market that she ran.

It was hard to say if they would have any better leads than he did, but even if they didn't know, already, who exactly Suyis was after, it was still possible they'd be able to find whoever that was much quicker than Suyis would. He had about a thousand other things to be doing, of course, and really wasn't as mobile as he used to be. The foxes, though.... well the foxes got places.

So was how he was wandering around somewhere between Pyxis and what remained of Pavo (not much). If he remembered right, somewhere around here was a Killian, and he was a decent enough place to start. Finding Izumi would've been easier, but she was still technically bound to Pyxis; Killian was not, and could wander further much easier. If they were doing this, they were doing this, and Suyis wanted the most capable individual he could think of on this.

Kassander had been in the Har'zaref's basement holds for about a hundred years, now. Since not long after the End, anyway. It was about time for him to be free again, and they couldn't leave the god of light like that. Suyis probably shouldn't have as long as he already had.

Eh... well, eventually, either he'd give up, or the fox would come to him, one of the two. It wasn't like he was in much of a hurry. It'd waited this long, after all.

Killian

182Years Young
4 Posts

There was a Suyis nearby. Killian was in fox form, roaming near what was left of Pavo at the moment, exploring mostly. He hesitated to get too close to the mines, the whole system was restless and he wasn't particularly up for dealing with the chaos he might incidentally unleash if he poked his snout too far into where it didn't belong. But sometimes neat things could be found here. And sometimes... it was worth it.

But, Suyis' presence here was far more interesting than the nothing that Killian had found so far. And probably more important too, if he was being realistic. So of course, Killian shifted into his humanoid form and picked his way towards where he could sense the other's presence.

It didn't take all that long to reach him - it would seem the bird was sort of trying to be found, because certainly he could avoid Killian if he didn't want to be seen. "Fancy meeting you out here." The greeting was light and easy - friendly, even.

With someone else, Killian probably would have proded forward a little, mentioning that it seemed something was on their mind - but there was always on Suyis' mind and he only ever shared when he wanted to. Rarely, if ever, was that when he was asked so Killian didn't see much of a point. Suyis would get to it, or he wouldn't, and Killian ... well. He was just along for the ride, like always.

He didn't mind though, Suyis was fun, most of the time. "It is nice to see you." Just putting that out there, because it was. Good to know he was still doing fine and the republic was still too stupid to realize that one of their beta primes was literally an other.

Suyis Maitra-Lucain

?Years Young
9 Posts

Thus I clothe my naked villainy with odd ends stolen forth from holy writ, and seem a saint when most I play the devil.

If you asked him later, Suyis absolutely did not happy-squeal when the fox-Other meandered over to him. But at the moment, he sure did, and then scurried over to meet him half-way and hug him. It'd been a while since they'd seen one another, and he really did appreciate the foxes. It was a shame Arsirien had disappeared. It'd been so long since he'd come by, Suyis was really starting to wonder about him.

"I know, I'm so busy anymore," Suyis answered, his face scrunching up in annoyance. "So much to do, so many people to see, but, this is important and besides, I like making sure you're alive. You are alive right, this isn't an illusion or something?" Suyis patted the top of Killian's head; nope, fairly solid. "No, pretty alive, good." Ah, was it really? Hmm.

"Are you sure you're not just saying that?" he asked, one hand resting on his hip. "You know I'm the harbinger of death and disaster, right? I just feel the need to remind you of this." Okay, so he wasn't quite that bad, but you know, Suyis never really was a big fan of himself, and he felt like it was valid. He did a lot of destroying. That was what Suyis did, he destroyed. Sure, perhaps it was so that new, better things could take the place of the things he destroyed, but destruction was destruction, and no amount of bettering made the loss any easier. Depending on what the loss was, sometimes, it didn't even make it worth it.

Well, anyway. His self-hatred and whether or not it was nice to see him weren't very important in the longer run. "I have a favour to ask of you, if you're not already caught up in something," he said. "Unfortunately, I'm not having much luck with it myself, but maybe you can do better." He could go places and do things.

Killian

182Years Young
4 Posts

See there were times that Killian wondered what Suyis' actually wanted with them, and wondered if they were just a means to an end and he didn't really care about them. But then things like that little happy squeal happened and honestly... that stopped all wondering. Because that was just such a pure noise, and it wasn't sometihng that Killian thought even Suyis could have faked easily - or would have bothered with if he didn't mean it.

"Yes, I'm alive." Almost amused almost. Only almost because he still hadn't seen Arsirien in a very long time and he was very concerned that maybe the Other was not alive anymore. And somehow, the thought of being an illusion alone just cut too close to home with that weighing on him.

"No, I'm not just saying that." Killian retorted easily. "And so what? Sometimes those things need to happen, and you are never more cruel about it than you have to be." Sure sometimes Suyis was cruel - but sometimes he didn't have a choice and that was just... reality. Sometimes things were unpleasant, it didn't necessarily stop it from not being awesome, but Killian had lived long enough to gain something of an appreciation for reality, he supposed.

Something like that. "I'm not particularly busy at the moment, no." Killian allowed. He wasn't surprised that this was business, of course. Suyis was incredibly busy and rarely just appeared for fun, after all. "I'm hard pressed to think of anything I can possibly do better than you," Killian began, "but I'm willing to give it a shot if you'll tell me what it is."

Because it might just be one of those things that Suyis didn't really have the time to devote to, after all. That happened, sometimes. Wasn't even hard to imagine given Suyis was like, a beta prime in the republic and also doing a few things that the republic would probably not agree with. Ah, ever.

Suyis Maitra-Lucain

?Years Young
9 Posts

Fortunately, yes, he was alive. Suyis had to wonder what he'd do if the guy wasn't alive. Probably make more friends, as often he did. That was the way of Suyis, at least. He had friends everywhere. It was more intelligent of him, given he had enemies everywhere, and when you needed a hand, having at least one or two people that'd give you that, it was smart.

... well yes, but necessity never did take the sting away entirely. He sounded like he was being too optimistic, but what did Suyis know, really? He hardly lost anything at all. "If you say so," he decided, instead.

"Well, you're more mobile than I am, first off," Suyis replied. "I have a crazy Other in my basement. They've been there since a bit after the End, and I'd like them not to be there anymore. Unfortunately I think the Losrian that created them is the only one that can get their head back on and reactivate their magic, but he died a long time ago, and I have no idea where he was reincarnated. You know a lot of people, I figured if anyone has a sliver of a chance of having sensed him before, it'd be you."

And if Killian didn't know, either, he had a higher chance of running into whoever it was later. At least, more of a chance than Suyis did.

Killian

182Years Young
4 Posts

Well that was sort of true. He didn't have many responsibilities tying him down so in a way he was more mobile, even if Suyis did have clearance for a whole hell of a lot more than Killian did. Then again Killi rarely needed clearance. He tended to just avoid going into heavily control Republic areas. Or at least, he tried to say away from the military installations. He did go out of his way to see Izumi's kiddos sometimes but that was... different. Family was family.

But this... a crazy other in Suyis' basement, had been there since just after the end. Well no wonder Suyis wanted to get the guy out.

"That's a bit of a tall order." Killian acknowledged mildly. "But I'm more than willing to try." He did meet a lot of people, even if he didn't always interact with them, and maybe he'd get lucky and have happened to run into the right Losrian already. If not then... well. He could at least try to find the signature.

It wasn't like he was doing anything important right now, helping Suyis deal with a crazy Other was worth while. "Do I know this other?" Or was he going to have to take a fieldtrip to meet it? How crazy were they talking anyway? Killian decided not to ask those questions just yet. Starting with what he'd already asked was probably good enough.

Killian didn't need a ton of information to do this, though he may need to meet the other to know what their Losrian should feel like. Suyis knew that of course, so they'd get there when it was time.

Suyis Maitra-Lucain

?Years Young
9 Posts

That was something. The fox usually wasn't against at least humoring Suyis, even if only because he'd yet to actively try killing him, and the results were often interesting. It lent well towards Suyis' goals of getting Kassander out of his tower basement.

"Hmm..." Did he know him? Honestly, Suyis wasn't sure. Though, he thought Killian was old enough to have been alive around the End. He might remember Kassander. "Well, maybe. I'm not sure how many people he came into contact with before he lost his ever-loving mind, so it's possible you've met. Happen to remember a feathery dragon-like thing that was really bright?" He also wasn't sure when exactly the foxes came to Tyrrhenia. It was quite possible they were on the other side of the world at the time. Suyis wasn't very good at keeping the time periods separate, and he'd never honestly asked if they were Tyrrhenian native Others, or if they'd migrated here.

Many had, after the End, wondering what the heck had happened over here. Most died after, because the Republic were a bunch of trigger-happy jackasses, but that wasn't any of his business, he guessed. "In any case, it'll be faster to get to him if I fly," Suyis decided, and then sparkled, reds and pinks and burgundy sparkles and smoke, and shifted into his bird form, settling down so the fox could get up there.

"Try not to pull any feathers, but they might be moulting," he said, mostly as fair warning.

Killian

182Years Young
4 Posts

Hm. Killian considered that description for a moment before shaking his head. "It's possible that we met, but I'm not really pulling anything to mind." To be fair about it, Killian's family had sort of stuck close and didn't deal with many outsiders especially in and around the End, given how dangerous those times had been.

Feathery dragon wanted to be familiar but. Anyway. It didn't really matter, he'd see the Other soon enough and that would be enough, honestly. It had been idle curiosity that made him ask anyway, it wasn't as if it were important. Though he was concerned about the reference to losing his ever-loving mind. How bad was meeting this Other going to be?

It didn't matter, he'd find out. There was no sense in anticipation driving him up a wall when it wouldn't take that long to reach the Tower anyway.

"Makes sense." Carefully Killian climbed atop the bird-like other, being mindful of the feathers as he did so. "I thought maybe I'd just pull a handful out and toss them around." Sarcasm, obviously. Killian wouldn't do anything to hurt Suyis if he could help it. He kind of considered the bird to be a friend, after all, and that was not a great way of repaying a friend.

Besides, he'd agreed to help and certainly ripping the other's feather's out wouldn't be helpful.

Suyis Maitra-Lucain

?Years Young
9 Posts

That was almost unfortunate. Then again, the foxes were often quite intelligent. Likely, Suyis wouldn't need to explain much of anything, because Killian would understand exactly what he was looking at, after maybe a few moments.

Suyis loosed an odd snort; snorting came out strange when one had a beak instead of a nose. "You could probably make a fairly comfortable pillow," he said, ruffling said feathers a little bit, to get them to settle. "Maybe I'll save some and we'll find out." He hadn't spent a long time in his Other form in quite a number of years now. It was easier to blend in with the humans if they believed him to be human, and certainly being a nine-foot-tall bird of some kind wasn't going to help the being human impression.

In any case, as soon as Killian had settled in, Suyis shook his neck, to get those feathers to lay back down, and then shot up into the air. The tower wasn't terribly far, but the journey was not exactly quick all the same. Suyis was mostly quiet the whole way, aiming to stick to "cloud" cover (those weren't exactly clouds but close) and weaving through trees when possible, because the Republic was of two minds on flying Others. Either they didn't mind them, or they tended to shoot them down on sight, and Suyis wasn't terribly interested in getting shot at today. He was sure Killian agreed.

It was easier, though, to fly up the side of the tower, aiming for one of the hangar doors. Instinctively, he grabbed onto the hangar door with his talons, and loosed a shriek. Harzie beeped a few times, and then the door opened. As it went up, Suyis moved into the hangar, letting the door go, before it caught his foot in there or something. He sat still, out of the way of the airship guys, so Killian could hop down. "We have to go into the basement." And it was easier to get into the basement when he wasn't a nine-foot-tall bird.